Every woman of the Mar Thoma Church above the age of 18 years is a member of the Sevika Sangham. The Sevika Sangham has branches in all parishes of the Mar Thoma Church both in India and abroad. Each branch elects from among its members a committee including office bearers. The Vicar of the parish is the President of the branch Sevika Sangham, who gives guidance and support to the activities. . A few branches are grouped together to form a center and a few centers together constitute a Diocese. “]
– To help them to grow into fullness of personality with the power of Holy Spirit and the fellowship of the church
– To help them to be partners in the efforts for reconciliation.
– To be Christian witnesses through family life.
– To encourage them to take part in the services of the church and evangelization.
– To make them aware of their social responsibilities.
– To encourage them to take up responsibilities in the local parishes, the church and the institutions run by the church.
– To work for the uplift of women